First off, I will explain why link building is the most influential factor of an SEO strategy (even for this SEO Glasgow strategy).
Why do back links have such an influence?
Back links are the most important aspect in SEO and here are some of the reasons why:
- Regard each link as a vote: Therefore having lots of links will give your website importance because it appears to be ‘voted’ a lot on the web.
- Good sites with good content will tend to attract links naturally over time: This has to be carried out frequently to engage people in what you write or offer.
- Links equal trust: Typically, links are viewed by the search engines as being a sign of trust. Ideally, you want a constant steady flow of incoming links.
Common link building misconceptions resolved
- Page Rank (PR) isn’t everything when it comes to back links: Although still a factor of link value, you still need a variety of links from several sites. It is also worth noting that you can achieve higher rankings for keywords by obtaining links from relevant sites over high PR sites.
- Swamping your site with links is risky: This is true, if you obtain lots of links very quickly you run the risk of your site being penalised.
- No-follow links carry no value: This is not true; there is still benefit from obtaining links from sites that allow no-follow links, as long as you use the target keyword.